Friday, July 18, 2008
The Summer Of My Content...
...Rather than The Winter Of My Discontent. I'm so stink-happy with the title of this post. I don't have a ton to say about it - and it doesn't really need a load of verbosity anyway; it would end up being a bullseye on exactly that which I've spent years struggling to veer away from. What I'm trying to say is, following a long period which was the Winter Of My Discontent -- where I dove headlong, once and for ALL, into the bunghole of my past -- I think I may be experiencing, oh lord and behold, the Summer Of My Content. Proof:
- My use of F-bombs has been more towards expletives of joy, rather than lack of it
- My recent flat tire was met with acceptance, glee even - because I didn't have to run errands and could then stay home and make Chocolate Mousse - if this is bad karma, BRING IT, RAIN IT
- I had a totally calorific vacation and did not completely lose my mind and make my usually Draconian ass run a marathon every day because of it; if this goddess-wannabe gains a pound or 2 on vacation, it shall be a pound of sass, goddessness, mensa-ness, or reclaimed brain cells
- There is a Chipotle opening 1/4 mile from my house. Here is a pause _____ for you to fully absorb this information. That's right. If a worthy sushi place opens nearby, I will NEVER leave my neighborhood AGAIN (okay, except for Ethiopian/Eritrean food)
- I'm sleeping. AT NIGHT. Like real people do...
- I've been tolerant, of mySELF - I mean, who IS this person already? Oh, that's right - she's the one with a rich therapist!
- And lastly? Brace your damn selves, it's a shocker. The other day a vendor came in the office and we chatted, then he left. He came back 5 minutes later with a fancy looking certificate and presented me with a "Nicest Person Of The Day Award" - I kid you NOT, dearests! Either I have been overtaken by the Body Snatchers, have been secretly injected with botox and have freeze-face, or I really AM having the Summer Of My Content. Of course, his face kind of fell when I screamed out "Fuckin'-A!!" after being presented with the award, but I am who I am, poor fella...
So, is it just me or is the Age of Aquarius ushering in a rather splendid summer for everyone? [Right now I'm picturing the very end of "40 Year Old Virgin" where Age of Aquarius is playing and all the men are dancing around like little fairy sprites, wearing flowing, skimpy pixie outfits while sporting profuse chest hair]
_______AND, NOW FOR SOME OVERDUE GRATITUDE_______
Some folks have given me some awards and I wanted to say THANK YOU so very much. The fact that you like me should definitely make you question yourselves, deeply. And seek therapy, quickly. Nonetheless, I thank you. I love writing this website, so the fact that others like it? Slays me. And I mean that, to no end. And I'm grateful, to no end, that you come here.
Shaye from Smarter Than Pancakes gave me the Blogging With A Purpose award, thanks Shaye!
Nicole from This Damn House gave me the Arte y Pico award, thanks Nicole!
Clumbsy Cookie gave me the Yum Yum Blog Award, thanks CC!