Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Abducted By Aliens, I Was!

Oh hi. That's right, I have a blog.

Where le hell have I BEEN, you ask? Or, maybe you're relieved that I've been away. I wanted to say I was abducted by aliens, but upon searching the interwebs - I see this has been done ad nauseam.

To be honest, Thanksgiving unexpectedly blasted upon me - without any warning whatsoever (rude). How did we indulge our gluttonous bellies? Tony made his first turkey, so that was rather fun - we thought it would be difficult, but it was quite easy. I don't eat meat, so I had king crab - it was HEAVEN, it was glorious. For side dishes, we made our insanely delicious garlic mashed potatoes (they have pecorino in them, OH come to MAMA) and stuffed portobello mushrooms. It was the first time we tried the mushroom recipe - and we nearly lost the small amount of sanity we cling to, they were SO FECKIN' GOOD, people! And for dessert later that evening, after we donned our expandable pants: individual molten lava cakes, but of course.

As for the rest of my absentia, I'm hosting our office holiday party at our house this Friday evening - so that has kept me plotting, planning, and stressing abnormally and unneccessarily. We hosted it last year too, so I shouldn't be so nervy about it - but that's my nature. God forbid I should go about this with a relaxed nature. WHO WOULD I BE THEN? WHAT WOULD PEOPLE SAY ABOUT ME?

Well, they'd say that I was abducted by aliens, for crap sake. And now I've come full circle.

So, after the craziness passes - I shall be back with desserts and more nonsense with which to bother you. As alluded to in an earlier post, the dogs will be guest blogging as well. The delay in that venture is because Wylie has a new furcut and he is insisting on a photo shoot for his blog photo, so alas - it is yet another thing on my To Do list. At any rate, I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a merry one, and that all of you are surviving the craziness of the holiday season.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was minutes away from sending a search party...thanks for the update! And next year I'm coming to your house for Thanksgiving! Holy Yumminess! Thanks for making me drool at 10am! :)

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I am now officially recovered from the OCD you may have induced by making check and check and then check again to see if MAYBE you had posted something. Sheesh :)

We had pumpkin pie gelato and caramel cakes for dessert at our house!

Anonymous said...

We were starting to get a bit worried...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a tasty Thanksgiving.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Someday...

some

day

I'm going to make those lava cakes. But right now, I don't have any pants big enough!

Glad you had a great holiday! Relax and enjoy that party!

NV said...

Le D*mn, girl! Was definitely beginning to wonder about you, but since you kept poppin' up on my blog, I wasn't overly concerned.:-)

glad to hear you had some good eats and plenty of them for the holiday. Stuffed mushrooms ... MUST HAVE RECIPE! Love those babies.

and Wylie with a "furcut"

Unknown said...

Bring on Wylie and Marcel! And the building right next to my office is the new home of the New York center for Astrobiology so I have spent the last week staring out my window fully expecting a UFO to land. Perhaps the aliens can drop you off here. We'll have a drink in your space suit!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I want to come to your pad next year for the holiday meal. It's decided.

Anonymous said...

You're back! This time of year is so busy, so I'll forgive the lack of entertainment over the last couple of weeks. But please, let's not make this a habit. What else am I supposed to do at work when you're gone?

Jennifer S said...

There you are! I assumed it was an extra long tryptophan-induced nap. But king crab turned my theory on its head.

Sounds like a yummy Thanksgiving! Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Lisa said it! I've been checking and checking, too. (As if I didn't already need a shrink.) Thanks for making me smile with news of your Thanksgiving and the dog blogging to come. I know your holiday party will be fabulous, my dear. Wish I was coming. For the record, I baked a chicken for Thanksgiving, threw in a few potatoes and carrots, and called it a turkey dinner.

MonkeyGirl said...

I can't wait to see Wylie's furcut! Coal doesn't have enough hair for a trim yet...

hungryandfrozen said...

Well I hear Thanksgiving's kind of a big deal ;) so I wouldn't stress about *gasp* leaving your blog for a wee bit. Real life - and garlic mashed potatoes - are a fine excuse. Looking forward to the dog blog...dblog?

Anonymous said...

blimey you're busy! actually so am i. and to think we're nearing the holiday period yet working like we've never worked before. anyway, your thanksgiving sounds amazing...and yes, i feel so horribly fat after our thanksgiving dinner. right now, i'm properly havin an 'ugly complex'. damn! x

grace said...

well, it's good to know you're still alive, kicking, and eating. pecorino potatoes? come to mama, indeed! i learned long ago to wear stretchy pants to thanksgiving dinner--it's a rule that has served me well. :)

Leslie said...

I look forward to hear what the dogs have to post about! LOL

JackeeG4glamorous said...

I missed you! and your lovely desserts (when I diet, at least I can lick my monitor - crazy sicko that I am!) Glad everyone has fat pants - thought I was the only one.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back! I was getting nervy :)

Manager Mom said...

I am having a party tonight. I do NOT try out new recipes when I'm having parties - in fact, I don't try ANY recipes. I'm having a dessert buffett, and everything has been purchased from Costco and local bakeries. I am a firm believer of sticking to my limitations. But I would maybe like to try the stuffed mushroom cap recipe...are you posting it?

Happy holidays!

Jennifer

Gigi said...

Damn I was just about to leave for Roswell to put up "missing person flyers". Glad to here your back and I look forward to Wylie's guest blogging. Happy Holidays!

Sugar Jones said...

Uugghhh... office parties! Almost as hard as hosting family, but these people will see you again on Monday. No pressure. ;)

We used to do a totally non traditional Thanksgiving and would go dine on the beach at a local surf and turf restaurant. I always had lobster. My older kids started getting annoyed and insisted on a traditional turkey day. *sigh*

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh I thought it was you in Mars! I was abducted too ya know...